Saturday, April 4, 2009

Fun at the Oregon Beach

I am still working on my photography skills, so this is the best picture I got of John and Martha, aka "Grams" and "Gramps". I always forget and always get gently reminded of their request to be called "Grams" and "Gramps". And that is all I have to say about that. The beach was beautiful but cold, especially for us Texans who came from 85 degree weather.


Mark helped Luke build a sand dinosaur but Olivia thought it was a hippo. Even as I am typing this she thinks it is a hippo?? Hmmm. Mark is very talented.

The kids explored some tide pools with Clair and her friend Whittney. They found crabs and sea anemones. Luke can be a little bit of a flirt, to put it mildly, and he would not leave Whittney alone. He is such a hansome and charming kid. It was 50 degrees and windy some people were swimming and these guys are walking around bare footed. I on the other hand was wearing every article of clothing that I had in my suit case. I could not get warm.


Luke touched the anemones. Handsome, charming and brave. I don't know where he gets it.


Most of our Hill cousins pose for a picture before we hiked up to look over the cliffs. Very beautiful.


4 comments:

The Barton Family said...

Glad you guys had a fun trip. Tell Olivia I can see a hippo in that, and I've never seen Luke flirt, but you are right he is a handsome little boy and very sweet. Glad you are back, I wanted to hear about your trip but we didn't get to talk this morning, I look forward to catching up Thursday.

The Lara Family said...

Those pictures make me miss the Oregon Coast. I have to say that I thought it was a hippo before reading that it was actually a dinosaur.

Beckie said...

Looks like a fun trip!! And it's true... living in a hot climate really makes for cold-weather wimps. On several of our trips to Utah, the "natives" would be laying out (i mean c'mon the sun is shining) and we would be shivering in our jackets. :)

Danielle Lindorf said...

Hey guys! Those are great pictures of your trip. We hope you had fun. Let's play another round of CandK soon. We miss you guys terribly!