Monday, March 2, 2009

An Embarassing Speach Delay



This is my handsome son Luke. I am proud of him for a lot of things. Mostly his enthusiasm and his charisma, I don't know where he gets it from. He does have a small speach delay and doesn't always annunciate his words correctly. As all soon to be 5 year old boys do, he calls all of his toys "Mega_____" but Luke replaces the "M" in mega with an "N" changing it from a superlative to a racial slur. I have tried to correct him but he thinks I am wrong here. I hope he figures it out before he offends someone or gets punched in the nose for using that word.

2 comments:

The Barton Family said...

I have never noticed that! By the way I had good visit with Stacey today, she stayed and talked with me for about an hour. She is a TRIP!!

The Mom said...

I haven't ever noticed it either. But you aren't alone, Evan calls boogers, noogers and if you try to correct him he just says it louder and louder.